Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Trusting....

don't get too excited....I probably will never blog back to back again....but who knows.




I've sculpted a little bit of time this week for myself, so I'm finding myself in front of the screen.


to be honest, I've carried bags under my eyes for weeks. There are things going on in several precious friend's lives that have brought random streams of tears through out any given moment or time of day....




The "why does bad things happen to good people" statement has echoed through the walls of many in their path.



 Anger towards God has been a discussion. Doubt of His goodness has been questioned. "Why" has been asked too many times to count.



I find myself searching for scripture that brings peace and encouragement... sometimes I'm filled with many, and other times I come up pure blank.





Sometimes it's okay not to know all the answers. Sometimes it's okay to wrestle with truth. Each and every time these emotions rise in me, I'm reminded that it is my flesh battling the great truth. I'll find myself talking with our children in their own trials. I find myself saying..."You have to understand, I can see in front of you because I have been behind you. I've walked that path. Everything your father and I do, is because we want greatness for you. Everything we do for and teach you, is so that you will be guided in a direction that will bring God glory and lessen pain for you. Everything we do and say is to help you, to hopefully bring you a better future, to make a clear path for you....you have to just trust me. Just trust me."




And there it is.....



Trust.

Funny how it will hit you like a ton of bricks to hear words come out of your own mouth that you think God is using for someone else and then you realize, maybe...but it was also used to open your heart to what He was trying to show you.


Trust.


Isn't that really all our God is speaking to us each of us, every.single.day.You will not know. You can not see. You will not understand. BUT..... I do. I can, I will.


Trust me.





Pain is real. It's deep. I hope I never take someone's pain lightly. I hope that it continues to bring bags under my eyes. I hope tears of pain continue to stream. Because where there are streams, then there has to be life. There has to be something that blossoms from the tears. There just has to be. I have to trust that. I have to carry that hope and rest in that trust.





I've been on this Charles Spurgeon kick lately....call me a geek, nerd, whatever....I just find that looking up his words of wisdom just brings some clearer picture of the truth that I've read time and time again in the word.
I've added a few of them, to this blog via Google Images so that they might be used to bring encouragement to you, as you might be battling truth in your own life.





May we rejoice in our trials, for they will be used to tell of His great love for us....and may we trust him with our fragile souls....








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails