Monday, April 22, 2013

I'm here, and with an easy recipe :)

did you think I left the planet??? It feels that way. We haven't been home for three weeks. It's a story in and of itself. I would love to type all about it, but it's not going to happen for awhile; trying to play catch up on three weeks of lost time, is a LOT. Just because you leave, doesn't mean time doesn't keep tickin'!


I also started a post a month ago about our adoption process and when and why we decided to take the steps towards this new adventure. I promise you...it will post this week. I need it too. I want it too.


In the meantime, enjoy this little snack. I had heard of these before, and quite frankly was a little intimidated to try, because the name alone SOUNDED complicated. I assure you, that is the only thing complicated about it.

Tim's cousin, introduced me to just how wonderful and EASY this healthy snack is. And, let me tell ya......


WE ARE IN LOVE.


Don't be afraid to try it. Here we go....


Start with one bunch of washed Kale....




Start pulling of the leaves from the stem. I like to place them in my salad spinner, because the kale needs to be super dry for this....





Give your salad spinner a go.....




then line all the Kale on a cookie sheet.....


LIGHTLY drizzle olive oil over the Kale.....



 Sprinkle with Salt for taste....
 give it a good toss........



then spread the Kale back out to a nice even layer.....



Place in a 400 degree oven...




Set the timer for 5 mins....


Toss your Kale every 5mins for 15-20 mins....


Kale should be nice and crispy, like so.....


Serve it up and enjoy! It has a fun texture, and is so so so good!





One bunch provides a perfect snack for us four girls during the day. If you are using two bunches, I would recommend two baking pans, so the Kale can evenly roast and won't get soggy.

I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

We LOVE kale chips! Poke around at your grocery store-I buy it pre-torn and pre-washed and spray mine with olive oil to make the process a little faster. :)

faithdownunder said...

Great necklace Katie :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails