Saturday, May 18, 2013

Howdy! life lately, and a trip to the market...the Farmer's Market that is!

 Good evenin' folks!

 Life has been it's full self, and we are winding down our school year, gearing up for summer break  (YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!), and soaking up our pretty days we've been having! I've been blessed with some really fun interior design jobs that I'll update you on hopefully soon. My new nephew Coen, son of Caleb, (sounds so biblical when I say it like that doesn't it ;) ) made his debut into the world last Monday, and so we snagged Coen's big brother, Rhodes......





 for a few days. While he was here, we headed down to the Farmer's Market at Dothan Nurseries. First of all, Dothan Nurseries, is one of my most favorite places in Dothan, do I hear an amen?!?!?! Click on either link and it will take you to their website and Facebook page. I could spend hours there. It is just so heavenly, and the fact they hold a Farmer's Market on their site on Fridays during the spring and fall, only adds the cherry on top!

If you are new to this fun event or would like to know more about it, please click this link for details. I find it VERY helpful to click on the weblog when on that site, as Susan and Amanda update it often. Unfortunately, the Market at Dothan Nurseries ends this coming Friday until the Fall, BUT don't let that discourage you! There is online ordering, even an AWESOME co-op delivery(details on website), ANNNNNND most of these vendors pictured below, will be downtown this Summer at the Popular Head Farmer's Market; ANNNNNND, you can always visit most of them out at their Farm. So hang on tight, enjoy all the pics of edible color and I'll meet you down at the bottom of this post.....











































































































































Now, wasn't that fun! Go out and support local, eat local and live local!

I was graciously given a fabulous co-op box of goodies, and we have already enjoyed it's bounty! Unfortunately, I did not get pics of what I've made with it so far, but I have great reason and I'll show you in a few....


Our dinner, did however replicate one I've done in the past like this one....



minus the nuts and apples but add some seared scallops and I roasted those beautiful carrots as well. And instead of the normal red beats, that we LOVE; did you see the pics above of the GOLDEN beats?!?!? HELLO! LOVE! and not to mentioned they don't stain your hands like the others ;) you can find the salad recipe above, by clicking here.


I was short on pics of dinner, and quite frankly was surprised I even cooked dinner at all with this going on....







yes, a toilet is in our living room, and if you were to drive by our home right now, you would see a cast iron tub AND a sink out there as well. Tim jokes he's gonna sit in it for more stares ;) WE SPRUNG A LEAK! yep, bathroom gut has begun. I know my friend, is head shaking in belief because she told me to be ready for everything to break now that we are saving for an adoption, because that's what happened to them when they started their adoption process. We're still trusting He will provide as He always has!


See that fan in the corner.... sounds like a helicopter is in our home...ha! I just became my next client...bathroom remodel #1 begins!


Good night peeps!


3 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

OH Katie! So sorry (and excited) about the leak! Which bathroom? (Hoping it was the master!?) Y'all hang in there. He does provide. it just baffles me at times...they "why" - I'm feeling like, "Lord, don't you remember we are trying to pay for an adoption?" We just dropped almost $500 at the vet...totally unplanned...mostly on someone else's dog...thanks to disobedient children interrupting two dogs getting to know one another. Ugh. Baffling. In the last month two bathroom faucets have unstoppable leaks - and cannot be repaired due to age and design...and now the kitchen faucet is leaking...and the electricity is totally gone in one bathroom, and a new tub leak in the same bathroom - visible on the ceiling below, and a new roof leak in the attic...and an exterior brick wall got knocked over by a guest. So anyway...we are right there with y'all. Cannot wait to see your new bathroom! Hope you blog it! :)

faithdownunder said...

I had to crack up when I saw the toilet in your living room. How funny is that? I love you dear friend. I miss you heaps. We tried the Kale chips and loved them.

JMW said...

This makes me want to visit my close-by farmers' market next weekend! Love that not only yours offers produce, but hand-crafted items as well. Best of luck on the remodel. And, I just read your previous post about the adoption. Hope all is going well with that. What a blessed time for you and your family. Will keep you in my prayers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails