Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the little things....


This morning I sat down at my computer and these greeted me......













I know my little one lined these up just like this for some reason. Not sure if it was to put a smile on my face, but it did. :)


I also sit in my kitchen to enjoy the sunshine bursting through the windows in my "feasting area". :)







{could you tell, that I still haven't made slipcovers for the two chairs added to the table...nothing like a can of spray paint to help with the procrastination!!!}









I found these little birdies here ,{ well actually at their outlet store, so I only paid $1.00 for them}. I hadn't an idea what I was going to do with them, but I knew....... I WANTED THEM!



My oldest, BEGGED me this week to add presents under our tree......









So I gave in and wrapped and wrapped and wrapped yesterday. EVERY year, EVERY year I tell you; I wrap every gift in the same paper, and add a different color ribbon for the person to which it will make it's ownership with. And EVERY year, I still get asked, "which color is mine this year??"; in which I reply with the reminder that they won't know until Christmas morning.....



I love the little things, although; see this.........



I have a dog that INSISTS on sitting on the pillows of our sofa. She is a sneaky little devil and decides that as she hears me walking into the room, she will jump in her bed........ the bed I SPECIFICALLY placed by the tree and window, just for her to enjoy. Those little things, well, sometimes they drive me nuts......






But then, I look at things like this......






ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........and the pillows go away ;)


 miss this little booger! Send him back Caleb!



Hope you are enjoying the little things!

4 comments:

kkd said...

I am oh, so trying to love the little things more! They really are the best in the grand scheme of things. :) Btw, did you make the garland on your fireplace? Is that boxwood? Very pretty.

Alyson said...

Please, please, please tell me where you got your beautiful floral curtains??? Love them!!

bellamia said...

Thanks Alyson! I will have to check to see if I can find the name of fabric. I made them a few years ago and the fabric store in Eclectic, AL I bought them from went out if business. I will see if I can dig for that info :)

Alyson said...

Thanks! They're BEAUTIFUL! Well, actually, everything in your house is stunning! And your girls are precious, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails