Thursday, April 24, 2014

more food....

I've mentioned briefly before, that I was on an "eat clean challenge", that started Feb 1st. I went off the challenge about 8 weeks in and decided it had already kind of taken over my eating habits anyway....


I started reading food labels more and realizing just how much "junk" gets added to our food....Like even a jar of Banana Peppers at the grocery store has yellow FOOD COLORING to make them....well, YELLOW...ugh.

I've had some peeps ask me what I eat so here's a VERY quick and easy, everybody will love, recipe!




You will need- 2lbs of stir fry meat  (or you can slice your own)

Let it hang out for a few in about-

1/2tsp salt
2 green onions chopped
1 jalapeno pepper (we like it hot, so I normally keep half the seeds
about 2 tbls of fresh Ginger chopped
2 Tbls of Dijon Mustard
1/3 cup of Organic Soy sauce




Start your boiling water for your Organic Whole Wheat Couscous (found at Publix..about $10 for a tub of it)...and boil as directed. I use 4 cups water and 2 cups Couscous and about 1 tsp salt. (I let the water get to a raging boil, whisk in Couscous, put a lid on it and turn off heat. Don't open lid or stir again until serving.) Takes about 5mins to cook

While the meat is "seasoning", get your peppers (I use about 4 sweet minis) chopped and in a hot pan with a drizzle of olive oil and let them hang out for a couple minutes before the snow peas join them...


add your snow peas (a little less then a pound was used for this) and sautee' for about 3mins...



crank up the heat to the highest setting and add your meat mixture and ALL the liquid...It should sizzle when it hits the pan...


Toss for about 3-5 mins. Don't over cook. I like mine Medium Rare so meat isn't tough....



I've been trying to add extra protein where I can, so I add a can of (rinsed and drained) black beans at the very end and let them cook just a minute on high heat...



 Serve it up on top of your Couscous and Enjoy!




Serves 5-6

Happy Thursday, Peeps! Hope to see you around here again soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails