Thursday, September 25, 2014

quick and easy lunch...

Nana's Roast in simmering on the stove top for supper, so I'll be joining y'all soon with the details on that.....



 in the mean time, this is what's for lunch today. It's not exactly "healthy" but it's something I hadn't made in awhile and I love it.....

I wasn't planning on blogging this, so there are no pics of the process. But here ya go...

Pimento Cheese-

I know you can fancy up this bad boy, but I just do the basic-

(1) block (16oz)of Sharp Cheddar Cheese- I shred mine on the tiny blade side- You can make your Pimento Cheese healthier by shredding your own cheese instead of buying the pre-shredded packs that are packed with tons of preservatives to keep them "fresh"-

(1) small jar of Diced Pimentos (again you can make it healthier if you just roast a sweet red pepper in the oven and dice them yourself)

(1) thinly sliced green onion (this makes it to me- so good-don't omit, even if you don't like onions, you will and you'll thank me.)

(1) cup of mayo 

(1) tsp. ground black pepper (optional- I love it, kids don't)

Mix altogether in a bowl. I am serving mine today with the above cracker. Have you tried them?? Oh, they are good!! And the perfect sweetness to the sharp cheddar combo. Also, we love a little pickle on the side of our deli meal, so we are changing up with pickled Okra. 

This would be a SIMPLE meal to pack for the kiddos for a school lunch. 

Happy Thursday, see you soon!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails