Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Weekend Recap......

What a whirl wind of a week last week was! If I haven't mentioned, Tim, myself AND the girls are playing softball this season so most every evening of the week is spent at the ball fields (sound familiar to any of you???)! Tim was out of town last week for business and after the girl's Friday night game we headed north to meet him and to visit the cousins for a birthday party!

I left my camera in the car (of course) as the girls ice skated at the party! Their cousin Hannah turned 9 on April 15th (I know the date isn't that important, but I think it kind of comical that my CPA brother's first child was born (not induced) on Tax day) and all she talked about the last few months was an ice skating party!

After the party we headed back to the farm to play a little softball, swim, play the wii and Elizabeth's favorite....gather eggs from these.....

chickens1
Elizabeth was never too far from the hen house! Every thirty minutes or so you would see her running through the field with hands in the air holding two eggs screaming "Hey y'all, I got two more!" Sometimes she would say "I got two more AND they're hot!" Oh my!
My brother has chickens, horses, a cat and two dogs, one of which is a feisty little booger who keeps those chickens in line! Meet Bear......
bear
Bear stands a whooping 8" (inches people!) tall and is quite possibly the smallest full grown dog I have ever seen! We find it hysterical that as the chicken's venture into the pool yard Bear is the one to put them in their place and send them back to grazing in the pasture!
Before Hannah turned 9 years old, we had a nice little stair step going on....
cousins
We had 10,9,8,7,6 and 5! All the others will soon be the next digit up and will bring it back to order!
This picture was taken outside the hospital for my grandfather who is in ICU. The children were not allowed in so we took pictures of them to send into his room for him to see.
If you think about it will you please lift him up in prayer. He is not doing well. He is in pain and has pneumonia, a mass on his lung (we are waiting for the results from the biopsy) and a few other complications. A couple of my brothers and myself were able to visit him Sunday.
Daddy Bill1
We call him Daddy Bill (aka: Bill Gunter), he is a believer and will be 90 this September, so if it not be the Lord's will to heal him on this earth, we pray a quick home coming to be with Jesus!
How sweet it is to know this home on earth is only temporary "housing" for us!
We headed home Sunday afternoon to start another full week!
Stop by and see us soon! It's time to crank out your summer wardrobe!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails