Monday, June 6, 2011

Fun Times......

 So, I have discovered that posed photography is for the birds..... 




Well, maybe that's not fair to say.....




Let me rephrase.... I have discovered, posed photography with CHILDREN is for the birds......

I once remember clearing out Elizabeth's nursery when she was born, thinking that her newly painted checker boarded floors and white walls would be the perfect back ground to take newborn pictures of her and her two older sisters. At the time they were age 3 and 4. I had then (8years ago) a really nice manual Cannon film camera that took really good pictures. BUT, as I said, it was film and it was manual; and with a 3 and 4 year old, I already prepared myself for knowing I would probably have to take about a BILLION shots. Not to mention, then I take them up to be developed, wait, and then when looking through my billion pics want to cry because of all the frustration that even went into that day just to end up with a half decent picture of all three....

1. the taking out furniture.
2. fixing hair and placing the bow just right
3. making sure they all had good naps
4. waking them up to make sure they didn't look sleepy eyed
5.breast feeding the infant
6. going ahead and letting the infant spit up multiple times on the "pretend" photo attire, because you knew she was going to do that so you did in fact, save the best for last.
7.placing them just like you want them
8.threatening ice cream if they do good.
9. change the blow out diaper after shot 152
10. threatening with ice cream AND movie
11. tell them "just one more"....lie
12.give into the pacifier being an accessory the picture
13. tell them to stop poking the baby in her eye
14. threatening their life
15. giving them ice cream while calling your husband and telling him he better go get a vasectomy before heading home.


and just so I don't forget, I have 1 billion pictures to remind myself of that day.....





 All this to say........


 I have changed a lot since that day....

  These are my girls......

Almost 12,11 and 8,  and I still can't get what some people would think "the perfect picture" of all three together. Where they all look at the camera, they all have their perfect smile on (or fish face!) and that hair is placed perfectly on their head.


But, I have realized that if the picture above would be different, it wouldn't be my kids.


These are my girls. I have decided to snap my camera and capture our life, and this, is our life.

Because one day, we are going to look back at pictures we have and laugh a lot......


so, sit back and enjoy the pictures of our beach adventure with my brother and family.......maybe you'll laugh a little too....
































































and so they say, a picture can say a thousand words.....




Why not it scream this................


three girls must.


Don't forget, today is the last day to enter for this......Hurry!!

2 comments:

kkd said...

Your pics are great, action shots are always the best! Super cute photo of you and Tim too.

Very Verdant said...

How sweet. You have a beautiful family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails