Thursday, February 9, 2012

keepin' it real....

a friend of mine's old title to her blog was the title of this post.






Her goal.

Keeping her blog real...like in, real life....



I admire her for always, putting the pretty, and not so pretty, things out there.





A few months ago, I was approached with some really fun opportunities.

Both, of which was presented to me just days before announcing our closing of Bellamia.





I had such mixed emotions and struggled really hard with turning one down and postponing the other.

I knew I just couldn't say yes to them during that time.





My plate was full, but it was going to be SO.MUCH.FUN!








I had to give them an answer soon.


I struggled.


Then God gave me great peace.


I thought it was terrible timing, but it was in fact the right time. I turned down something that was right up my ally. But I was able to postpone the other.


Even though I wasn't able to do that something that very moment in my life, it was if God was saying "I told you I would take care of you. I have many opportunities for you. It's okay to say no, because I will have more lined up."


So that is how I took it, and was very encouraged.





Some of you remember this.









We had so much fun re-doing our oldest daughter's bedrooms last year. I pretty much had Jillian's room complete. I still have not found a rug for Emily's, which I am okay with; I just haven't found "the one".


Somehow the pics of the rooms made it to Wiregrass Living Magazine, in which resulted in them wanting to feature Jillian's room in an upcoming edition.


I was thrilled, humbled, and then kinda wanted to throw up.











I literally never thought any room in my house "magazine worthy". Those rooms normally always look, staged or not "lived in".



So, before you say that about the above pictures, let me assure you with the pictures below that it is "lived in" by keeping it real....

The day before the shoot.....

Jillian still had a Merry Christmas "welcome sign" on her door entering her room (yes, I know it's February),








 her desk was piled high with school projects (old ones, not current. Still trying to figure out what the heck to do with them.),



Mimi picked up this trash can from Target (sticker still on, from maybe last September..),




Paint on the bedding from when Tim and I had it in our room (and when our room was blue),





$40 deal on this beautiful beat up dresser that needed TLC was a steal, but it is still unfinished (because I am convinced I will find a matching drawer pull SOMEWHERE IN DOTHAN and not have to purchase online),




I had not yet pulled off the stickers randomly placed on furniture (how do I prevent this from happening?? Mom and Gram, stop giving my kids stickers, it always makes furniture prettier, so the girls say.),







I told Jillian to clean her closet.......sigh.








 I have a 12 year old, that lives like a 12 year old. I told Wiregrass Living during the interview when asked what makes this a great teenager room.......


"It is white. It looks crisp and clean, and what I hear, teenagers are pretty messy."


Not sure when it will be featured, but keep a look out! It is a beautiful, well done magazine, that is truly a piece of art. You can click on their website above for information on subscribing to it. It would make an awesome gift; I know, because my mom gave it to me, Thanks Mom!














3 comments:

kkd said...

I've always admired your honesty and your keepin' it real style too! I will be on the lookout for that spread on that sassy bedroom in Wiregrass Living. That is FU REAL! :)

JMW said...

Congrats on the feature and congrats for keeping it real. I have much more interest in reading about a room redo that is not only done by the owners themselves, but that it can stand up to everyday life. :)

kristen said...

When I first saw the pictures I thought you were sharing something from Pinterest. Her room is beautiful!! And what an exciting opportunity! Can't wait to see it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails