Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday, Monday...

Thought I'd give y'all a little lunch recipe to start off our Monday :)


the inspiration.....


my kids asking me what's for lunch......


at 11:45 today.


So I went to the pantry and saw this...





So I boiled a cup of it in salty water for about 10 mins....


Took a large (maybe two) handful of grape tomatoes....slice 'em and sprinkle them with a tad of salt...



Leftover Pesto grilled chicken breast (2 chicken breasts) from last night.....




Two tablespoons of pesto....


Gave my pasta a drain... (fyi... place your tomatoes in the bottom of the bowl before adding hot noodles. The heat and steam bring the flavor of the tomatoes out and soften them just a bit.)




Add your chicken....



stir it up....


add your pesto and give it another few good stirs.....



and because I am a lover of all things cheese, add you a bit of Parmesan cheese on top and serve....


I'll also leave you with a verse I am claiming today. After a few tears shed over our air conditioning going out and the A.C. man telling us to expect the worse, I remembered a beloved pastor of ours would constantly tell us this....... preach the gospel to yourself DAILY......

I have felt like I have neglected to remind and preach to myself lately. So I have said this over and over again today..... John 12:24

24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.


I like the ESV because it puts it to me like this....

"Katie, get over yourself. If you don't die to your circumstances, people will not see me through you. Your children will not see me through you today, your Husband won't see me through you today. You will not be bearing my fruit, you will be bearing a very dark fruit that will keep you lonely; and most of all, it will hinder YOU from seeing me. Open your eyes and heart to my provisions, love, and faithfulness to you. You lost cool air... I gave my son for you. I will fill you with new breath....you know I love you and will supply your every need.......you just might be sweating for a bit, but I will....."

Happy Monday, peeps!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails