Monday, May 31, 2010

and many more.........

More is better, right???



*****************


Yesterday, we celebrated my Papa's 90th birthday, and boy, did we celebrate!

Papa suffered from a major stroke last year that took away his ability to live on his own. It also took away his ability to read, move around easily and damaged a lot of his memory.


A few things that it didn't take away: His love for the Gospel, His love for his family, and his love for dominoes........

domino cake

Yes! This cake is as big as it looks! Made to feed 100 and was a whopping 52" long! If you need a cake, this is the person you need to contact! Alana can do ANYTHING you want! If you have trouble viewing the link, just go to facebook and type in Alana King and add her to your friend list! She made it EXACTLY the way I envisioned it, 90 dots and all!!

All the kiddos had to count to make sure she put 90 on there......


counting the dots

She did!


Papa greeted everyone on the front porch as they arrived......


waiting on the porch


We had a LOT of friends and family there to celebrate! Traffic and weather delayed a few, so my brother Matt, gathered his family, nieces and nephew and a few others to entertain the audience until they arrived......

Singing


trio


Here is a snippet, of the performance.....


I wish I had a recorder and more space on my camera card to record the rest! It was put together just a few minutes prior to performing and it was a HIT!


During the party, I found out that this man was 103 years old........

103 yrs old

I HAD to get my picture taken with him, because, well, because he's ONE. HUNDRED. AND. THREE. YEARS. OLD!!!!


Papa was thrilled that all but TWO of his Great-Grandchildren was there to celebrate with him! We even managed to snap a few pictures of the Greats.....

everybody get ready now.....


Preparing for pic

Look at the camera.....

getting ready to smile :)


And say Papa Doodle Doo.................

makes me laugh

(that one makes me laugh :)


One more for the silly ones.......

silly pic

It's Memorial Day, (and my Grandfather's actual birthday), so I will leave you now, because we still have much more celebrating to do!! Because MORE in this case, is better!

Only a few more hours left before the entrees close for our Cutest Kid Contest!! Be back with the final pics of all the entrees!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails