Saturday, September 8, 2012

phew!

We made it!



And I celebrated last night! I know, sounds a little pathetic that I celebrated completing a week of school with my girls, a short week with that. But.....still a week!



I'm not gonna lie, I LONGED for the weekend by the end of Tuesday; and just might have counted down the days until next summer in my head during a day dream of staring at this.....




.
.

Add a comment


This sounds awful and it really wasn't. My girls are precious and they showed that to me this whole week. It was just playing out everything that you had on paper and in your head, to your real life. And that doesn't always play nicely.



For instance, we doubled grammar one of the days because they wanted more, I then added an assignment to Vocabulary because they needed a stretch; a map without the countries listed of Great Britain for them to list and visualize themselves for History....all that was not planned ahead. My husband would read this and say I should be in heaven, because I LOVE a challenge. If someone wants me to solve something or make something better, I am always up to the challenge; but on Tuesday, I was in panic mode and doubted my ability to be creative.



Not to mention, we may have two 7th grader; but their learning styles are a little different, both of which are totally different from our 3rd grader.



Then Wednesday night hit, it was like a breath of fresh air. I was reviewing the next day's grammar assignment on journaling (which apparently isn't a word, but I'm making it one). My girls have always journaled, so with the flashbacks of the two previous days of their longing for more, I knew I couldn't stand in front of them and teach them the importance, and "how to's" on journaling and be ready for a big "hurrah!" from them. Then it hit me......I'll set them up a blog! They can both have one; it will not only teach them journaling, but typing, editing,  and a slew of techno things I can't even think of right now.


And so Thursday we set it up, and Friday we blogged. And they LOVED IT! (insert HUGE smile) Their blogs are set to private, for family and friends to read only. If you know us, send us a request to read, by sending me an email to kcpilcher{at}gmail{dot}com with your request. I think it's going to be pretty fun, and I'm not just saying that because I'm the Mom :)



So the challenge begins.....and after a trip to Hobby Lobby, an encouraging phone call from my bestie in Australia, sushi, and a chick flick, I am ready to face and conquer week two!


I'll leave you with this.......



Photo: Trouble, trouble, trouble.... :) @tpilcher94  http://instagr.am/p/PSNU5Im9NR/

because it makes me smile.




Happy Weekend Y'all!


Add a comment




Related Posts with Thumbnails