Thursday, September 27, 2012

you're welcome.

If you don't try this, then you might be crazy. If you do, then you will thank me for the rest of your life........







The best BLT...... E.V.E.R.


first step...... my SIL's inspiration...



your mayo. scoop about two spoonfuls of mayo in a small bowl. add your basil (chopped...I used about 8-10 very small leaves).....







 give it a whip, add plastic wrap to cover and pop in the fridge until serving....


my kiddos eat these cherry tomatoes like candy. We buy multiple packs per week. Take 3 large handfuls and if they are this large, slice in half......


Add them to a small skillet, sprinkle with salt and crank the heat to med high for about 4-5 mins..


Let me introduce you to my friend.....

 
 
I bought her on accident, and I will admit, it was the best accident I ever made; besides the one when I got preggo with my second child when my first child was only 8 weeks old......
 
 
 add about 1/4 cup of my friend to your tomatoes, and let it hang out on a simmer for about 3-4 mins..









okay people, BLT's on white bread only. I'm sorry, only sour dough can substitute in my book. This is my Nana's braided bread recipe. Maybe one day when I feel really adventurous I might blog the process of making it. I finally mastered it, and smells of sweet memories fill my home when making it. Slice it up and lightly butter for the toasting....



Your kitchen will then be the popular hang out spot, because it will lure every living creature within smelling distance because of these....




bacon, oh bacon, how I love you. we've got different opinions in our house. Crispy crunchy, fatty, a little of both. Make it the way you like it...(I vote a little crispy)

toast these guys under your broiler.....

and you are ready to plate!
 
spread one side with the basil mayo.....



Add a big scoopful of tomatoes....

 we add avocado slices, because......well, do I even need to say why ;)

top with a couple slices of bacon....

and your lettuce...


No picture of me adding the top slice of bread. As you can see it is stacked pretty high. The next part is the best, but not the prettiest. Add your top slice, smash and devour this yummy goodness.

Seriously, your sanity will be questioned if you don't try this.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails