Friday, October 8, 2010

Soup and Sandwiches!

I don't know about you, but when Fall hits at my house most of our meals consist of this.....

grilled cheese
and
soup
Don't be afraid to experiment in the kitchen!
I am sure some of you received a cast iron skillet for a Wedding Shower gift {probably from your Grandmother, like me!}. Of course it is fabulous for making corn bread, but we love to use ours for the perfect grilled cheese sandwich! Just put a tablespoon of butter to your skillet and add about 1 tlbs of Olive Oil and grill away! It makes a yummy crunchy sandwich, perfect for dipping in your soup!
A staple I use for my soup: 4 Carrots, 3 celery stalks {leaves and all}, 4 cloves of garlic, one sweet onion, salt and pepper, Saute' with butter and some more olive oil and add about 6 cups of broth and about 2 cups of water. Your base is ready, now add a rotisserie chicken or left over ham {which we did in this pic}. I throw in about 1-1 1/2 cups of Orzo in mine the last 5-10mins. I love Orzo in my soups but it tends to get mushy if you cook to long, but easier to eat then other noodles or potatoes!! Try it out! It is mmm mmm good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails