Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Recap......

Whew! This weekend FLEW by! I am SUPER excited about how the girl's rooms are turning out! Noticed I said "turning out" instead of "turned out". I would love to say I finished them over the weekend, but not quite. We did a LOT to them, and it has come together wonderfully! I sewed to more then my heart's content.


KB's shower and girls room 108



I am blessed that my grandmother taught me to sew. She loved to use a pattern, I hate to use a pattern. Therefore her's came out perfectly, mine perfectly flawed!


I wasn't able to finish Jillian's sewing because I was short on fabric and when the re-order box arrived Friday, I was thrilled that I would be able to finish, but then I opened it. This is what I found......



KB's shower and girls room 131

Yes, you can laugh, that's what I did....


They were quick to fix the problem. That was Friday and the fabric is scheduled to arrive today!


Before I could start all my projects at home Friday, I started with the flowers for a dear friends baby shower brunch Saturday morning....

KB's shower and girls room 011

KB's shower and girls room 008

KB's shower and girls room 033


KB's shower and girls room 062

Emily joined me, as the Guest of Honor was her 2nd grade school teacher. Three years later she still loves her so much!!

When Emily and I arrived home, we were met with this.....


KB's shower and girls room 084

KB's shower and girls room 088



You see, we do not have a floored attic. You will see a few pictures down, why Tim had to crawl into the attic and add 2X4's. Which means, for a man's foot to slip off a thin board and puncture (his leg only) through the ceiling of Elizabeth's closet wouldn't be that hard.

You can laugh....I did not.....



In fact it wasn't until last night I found out that Elizabeth came into her room shortly after this happened. Her response....."ohhhhhhh,Daddy is going to get it! Mama is going to spank his butt for doing this...Daddy, you are going to really get it."

I did laugh pretty hard when I heard her response. And for the record, he DID get it (a little), but not until after I found out he was ok and showed some concern for his lung.


Well, this post is getting long, so I will spare the details of the room for a later post. I still have a dust ruffle to hem, roman shades to make in Jillian's room, Pillows to make for Emily's bed, lamp shades to purchase, a round rug for Emily's room and art work to complete in both rooms. But all and all, here is a sketch I gave my husband that I doodled (remember, I am not the artist).......

IMG_1550



And by his wonderful talents he gave me this.......




KB's shower and girls room 123



KB's shower and girls room 130


Be back with details later of the process.....

4 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

Oh Katie,
It is BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a GREAT job!!!

kristen said...

Awww..that's our teacher this year! We LOVE her! Love seeing all the pics for the girls' rooms. Gives me ideas I'll need in a few years!

JMW said...

What beautiful rooms! I had to smile at this story, b/c my dad did the same thing years ago when we were growing up. Suddenly, a leg came crashing through the ceiling. My mom was not amused, either. :)

Alyssa F. said...

I really like the girls' room! So cute!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails